- How happy are they?
- Are they supporting the growth plan in the field?
- What do they see as the barriers to growth?
- What ideas do they have for improvement?
- Are they aligned with customer expectations?
- Are we using the most cost effective methods to communicate with our customers?
- Do our communications support our customer value proposition?
- Are they consistent?
- Do we understand the inter-dependencies of our own communication alternatives.
- What are our current segments?
- What should they be?
- Where are there hidden differences in profitability?
- How do we assign each customer or prospect into a segment?
- What are the requirements to win business in each segment?
- How do we implement our segmentation plan?
- Do we have a clear pricing strategy?
- Are we relying on cost-plus to set our price?
- Are pricing decisions centralized or decentralized?
- Are we analyzing pricing information and making changes as appropriate?
- What techniques do our sales reps use to gain price premiums?
- Do we know the profitability of each customer?
- What drives customer profitability?
- Do we have customer concentration risk?
- How do we fix unprofitable customers?
- Do we know why customers defect?
- Do we measure our wallet share by customer?
Product / Inventory Management
- Are we turning our inventory at an optimal rate?
- Is it tailored to market needs?
- Are we adapting / creating new products to meet market needs?
- Do we have sufficient depth and breadth of inventory in each location?
Customer Relationship Management
- How should we approach it?
- What processes are critical to incorporate?
- Is our team ready?
- How can we get more out of our current system?
- How can we use promotions to win new business?
- What are the best types of promotions for us?
- How do we integrate them with the sales team?
- Are we using the right types: coupons, rebates, financing, loyalty programs, etc?
- Is it optimal?
- What should be changed?
- What about other channels to reach customers?
- Do we have ideal product coverage in all of our geographic markets?
- Are we set up to exceed customer expectations regarding convenience in how we deliver our own products or services?