“What really makes you different is that you were looked to as sales leaders in the trenches. You were trusted up and down in the organization which made a big difference."
Customer and Market Feedback
- Why do customers buy / not buy from us?
- What are their needs today?
- How satisfied are they with our services?
- How are we doing compared to our competition?
- What do we need to do to win new business?
- How can we reach / serve customers cost effectively?
- How do we design, test and install a telesales
- Which customers are best served over the phone?
- How can we improve our phone selling skills?
Sales Force Design /Organization
- Does our current sales force support our goals?
- Should we set up our sales force by product,
geography, or market?
- Should we have a multi-tiered sales force to
serve different customer needs?
- Do we have the right sales people for the job?
- Are our sales reps tracking and reporting on
their sales calls?
- Do they have a daily sales plan and follow
- Are they discussing the right products or services
- Are they conducting all of their planned sales
Sales Force Organization
- Territory Management
- Are our sales reps maximizing the number of
contacts they are making?
- Are we calling on too many of the same accounts
out of habit?
- Are we spending travel dollars wisely?
- How do we measure cross-selling success?
- Have we identified cross-sell opportunities
by customer, and held sales reps accountable?
- What training or support would help?
- Are our pay levels current and competitive?
- Does our compensation plan support our sales
- Does our compensation plan fit our values?
- Are we rewarding the proper behaviors?
- Is our mix of incentive and fixed compensation
Top Customer Effectiveness
- Are our sales reps, processes and organization
effectively serving large customers?
- Do we understand how they should be served?
- Are we delivering too much service and eroding
- Do we have relationships at the top of each
- Do we conduct workshops with them to understand
their needs better?
- Are our agreements written and current?
- Do we have the ability to negotiate effectively
and are we standing up for our own profitability?
- Prospecting for New Business
- Does our training match our current needs in
content, frequency and reinforcement?
- Have we cut too much out of training?
- How can we get more impact out of our sales
- Does our sales force use the best techniques
Are we really doing it?
- What methods are we using?
- Are we pre-qualifying opportunities?
- Do we have high quality lead sources?
- Are we filling the top of our sales funnel?
- Are we working on our highest priority leads
Sales Recognition and Contests
- Do you use them?
- Do they work?
- What type will be most effective?
- How accurate are our forecasts?
- Do we rank our sales reps weekly?
- Do we communicate these rankings and act on
- Who are our top performers and why?
- Do we spend too much time saving under-performers?
- Does our team have the tools they need to sell?
Sales Process Review
- Do we have a formal sales process?
- Are our reps using it and trained on it?
- Do we have metrics for each milestone?
- How many contacts equals a sale?
- Where are there delays in the sales funnel
what can we do to help?
- What is our sales cycle time from start to
- What is our win ratio and how can we improve
- Can we locate every single lead and monitor
Sales Support & Related Services
- Do our reps have materials they need to support
the sales effort such as brochures, guides, giveaways, etc.?
- Are we leveraging every corporate event for
maximum customer impact?
- Are we impeding our ability to grow due to
internal barriers in functions other than sales and marketing?
(Credit, Shipping, Operations, etc)