CLIENT CASE STUDY 3: Building More Profitable Customer Relationships
Client faced increasing price pressure in a highly competitive market. No effective process for managing large customer contracts existed, and customers were not paying for value added services.
KIMA consulting, working closely with a cross functional team of client personnel, developed a detailed contract negotiations process and training program, and conducted a series of two day training workshops with the top 220 sales reps nationally (included a module on strategic account selling). KIMA and the client team also developed and installed an activity tracking and reporting system to monitor progress weekly. For specific large and more complex customers, KIMA coached the client sales team through presentation development and role plays.
Annual operating profit was increased by over $15 million in the first year, which included the elimination of some unprofitable business. Customer relationships improved as a result of a clearer, better documented agreement that was reviewed formally each quarter in a scheduled meeting. Any issues were resolved much more quickly than in the past, which also increased sales productivity.
The KIMA Personality
- Hands on is our specialty! On site with your team, working at all levels of your organization, rolling up our sleeves to get the work done in the trenches.
- Professional but very approachable and easy to work with.
- Always going to tell you the truth and are fiercely independent and objective with our recommendations.
- Collaborative in all that we do rather than directive, which gets better results.
- Passionate about our core beliefs and values, with no compromises.
- Only going to assign professionals to your team that have the skills needed, a deep commitment to finding your solution, and fit your company culture.
- Hard working, which leads to profitable sales faster.
- Always interested in making it fun while we succeed together.